While the solar industry is rapidly growing, there are still some companies to be wary of. Start your research on solar panels before you initiate any onsite assessments so that you have a sound understanding on the ins and outs of solar panels.
The best way to protect yourself from not getting a great deal is to educate yourself. The better you understand the processes involved, the technologies and policies mandated by your state, the better off you will be.
The first step is to ask yourself the following questions
- What is your budget for a solar power system?
- What do you expect out of the system?
- How will you pay for the system and what options are out there to make it more affordable?
- Do you want high quality or are you searching for the best price?
- What kind of payment plans are available to me? Personal loans, retail finance, upfront cash or add it to the mortgage?
Find a trustworthy solar power company
In every rapidly growing industry, there will be good, honest companies, and there will be greedy companies. Make sure that you pick the right one.
Some things to do BEFORE signing any contracts
- Read the terms of service
- Research the company’s online ratings
- Ensure your quote states the brand of solar panels and inverter
- Determine when the panels will be installed
- Get contact information of the customer service manager who will maintain communications with you regarding your solar investment
- Who is the customer service manager that you maintain contact with regarding your solar investment
- Determine who else you need to communicate with about your solar power system (ex. Energy retailer)
What the locals are saying
- We've assisted over 60,000 Americans's migrate to solar power. Join the rooftop revolution.
We switched to solar power
I had always wanted to make the switch to solar energy, I’m very passionate about the environment. American Solar Quotes gave me just what I needed at a price that worked for me. They were reasonable, and great to work with, I would definitely recommend.
- Are you interested in selling solar power back to the energy retailers?
By 5 star rated American solar companies